ALERT: Do Not Feed Toddlers This Snack Until You See What Furious Dad Found On Label – It Could KILL Your Kid

As parents, we do everything in our power to protect our children, but unfortunately things still happen despite our best intentions. One father is hoping his urgent warning to other parents can possibly save a life after the horrifying ordeal he just went through after feeding his baby a very common toddler snack that most people wouldn’t even think twice about.

Justin Morrice almost watched his daughter die right in front of him after failing to read the warning label that was plastered on the back of the toddler food. He explains that he had just given his daughter a snack of Gerber baby cheesies, and had turned his back for several seconds in order to clean her bowl. That’s when his worst nightmare would soon unfold.

“As I had just finished feeding my daughter I set some of these cheesies on her highchair tray as a dessert for finishing her snack,” he began. “Well in less then 10 seconds I had turned to rinse her bowl in the sink … turned back and saw her gasping for air.”

He rushed to render aid to his chocking daughter, but nothing was working.

“She was trying to cry but no sound was coming out … I rushed over and picked her up and turned her over and slapped her back (as we were taught) for what seemed like forever I still could not hear anything,” he said.

He completely panicked has his baby girl’s lips then turned blue.

“I flipped her over and her lips had turned blue and she was still trying to cry. I tried again to flip her facing down and slapping her back but nothing … turned her over and her lips were even more blue … it’s at this moment I thought my little girl was going to die in my arms,” he wrote emotionally.

“I panicked and did the only thing I could think of,” he said. “I rammed my finger into her mouth and down her throat and was able to squish the cheesie enough that the next thing I heard was the sweetest sound in the world… her crying.”

He was relieved that he had saved her life, but continued to administer aid to his crying baby:

“I flipped her over again and slapped her back and with the force of her crying it became dislodged and I was able to sweep it with my finger out of her mouth,” he said. “It was the longest and scariest minute of my life. I called my mom over just help calm me down and Annabelle.”

Then came the powerful lesson that he hopes that all parents will heed: READ THE WARNING LABELS!

“I was confused as she had ate (sic) them days before with no problem. After scanning the can my mom found this ‘warning’ in tiny letters on their side to throw contents out after 5 days of breaking the seal. I opened a new container and I could not believe the difference,” he stated.

“The ones in the can she choked on I can only describe to be like a foam ear plug. I could squish it but it would expand back out and would not break apart. The ones in the new can crumbled with ease,” he said.

Most parents wouldn’t realize that five days would make such a huge difference to the texture of the baby snack, which could be a fatal mistake for many. Here is his viral post from August that is still circulating on social media, as a warning to millions of other parents out there:

Be sure to help spread the word and encourage all parents to read the warning labels. This could help save a life!

H/T [Conservative Tribune]

TRIGGER WARNING: Prissy Holly is a conservative journalist, professional shi*t starter and disgruntled military vet who is very outspoken and doesn’t give a flying crap about your feelings when exposing the truth. If you want your daily dose of news delivered in the most politically incorrect way as possible, make sure you follow Prissy!

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.