Michelle Obama has made headlines over the last two weeks for her impassioned speech in which she denounced Donald Trump without actually mentioning his name. Now conservative news pundit Rush Limbaugh has castigated her for attacking Donald Trump over his “locker room talk.” He pointed out the hypocrisy of her inviting rappers and musicians to the White House who have far lewder and vulgar words in their lyrics.
On a visit to New Hampshire on the campaign trail Obama said,
“It’s not locker room talk. I don’t know men who talk that way. Decent men do not talk that way. What Trump was talking about was sexual assault.”
Immediately after her speech Rush Limbaugh took to the air to criticize her saying,
“Men brag, and she is telling people that she doesn’t know men who brag. You know the people that have been to the White House?” How about some of the rappers that talk about their b****** and their hos have performed such lyrics in the White House? But she doesn’t know men who talk and sing about sexual assault. It’s all over hip-hop lyrics and has been for a while!
So is assault on the police a feature of some hip-hop lyrics, and it’s been performed at the White House. But she doesn’t know men who talk that way. She doesn’t know decent guys who talk that way.”
Limbaugh also hit really close to home when he started talking about a sermon of Reverend Jeremiah Wright’s who is the former pastor for the Obama’s. He went on to say,
“Yeah, I guess Michelle Obama wasn’t there when the Rev. Wright was talking about Bill Clinton,” Rush said “You remember what Rev. Wright said about Bill Clinton, Monica Lewinsky? … ‘And Bill and Monica Lewinsky was riding dirty. Yeah, chickens have come home to roost, baby.’ ‘Bill was riding dirty,’ and the population, the congregation went nuts.”
Much like Michelle herself who never mentioned Trump by name when she criticized him he also did not mentioner her by name but he did mention their good friend Beyonce. Who has had some questionable things to say in her lyrics as well. Some of the following include,
- “Gimme that daddy long stroke”
- “I can’t wait till I get home so you can turn that cherry out / I want you to turn that cherry out, turn that cherry out”
- “Can you lick my Skittles, it’s the sweetest in the middle / Pink is the flavor, solve the riddle”
- “Now my mascara running, red lipstick smudged / Yeah, he’s so h**** he wants to f*** / He popped all my buttons and he ripped my blouse/ He Monica Lewinsky-ed all on my gown / Oh daddy, daddy, he didn’t bring the towel / Oh baby, baby, we better slow it down”
- “First both of my legs go back on your head, and whatever you want, yeah baby, I’m bad”
- “Over there I swear I saw them cameras flash / Hand prints and footprints on my glass / Hand prints and good grips on my a**”
It seems as though Limbaugh is pointing out something rather important and that is once again the hypocrisy of the left. They have no problem calling out Donald Trump for his comments and hop at the chance to denounce him for what he says. Yet they partake in activities and behavior that is just ask equally questionable but nobody says anything about them. If Obama has a problem with Trump’s “locker room talk” then she should take issue with these singers and rappers who use derogatory lyrics.
Yet she does not. Because either fame and associating with celebrities matters more to them or they are seriously ignorant to their own hypocritical standard. It’s fine if they disagree with what Trump said but if you’re going to talk the talk you best be prepared to walk the walk as well.