To be honest, a Trumpocalypse sounds a lot more appealing than a regular apocalypse.
We reported earlier today on the findings of hacker Guccifer 2.0, who hacked into the DNC’s servers. One of his findings was that the Democrats had $800,000 set aside to fund disrupting the RNC. For people who complain so much about the violence at Donald Trump’s rallies, you’d think they wouldn’t want to provoke more of it.
So what’s their motive? To try to thwart a “Trumopcalypse.” Oh – and they have some other crazy plans too… The Smoking Gun reports:
DNC officials plan to “infiltrate friendly union hotels and properties around the convention that Republicans will be patronizing to distribute ‘care’ packages” to those who will be sickened by Trump’s nomination.
The plan also envisions a citywide strike by fast food workers, presumably over the fight for a $15-an-hour minimum wage. In the alternative, the strike could occur at “franchises around convention,” which will be held at the Quicken Loans Arena in downtown Cleveland.
On the morning the convention opens, the plan notes, Democrats will host a “Cereal & Bailey’s Breakfast,” a reference to RNC chair Reince Priebus’s claim that GOP party strife had not driven him to douse his Cheerios with Irish cream liqueur.
The DNC plan lists other hokey proposed stunts, like:
* A “Trumpocalypse Survival kit” tote bag with a barf bag, Tylenol, Alka Seltzer, and a clothespin “to hold nose while voting for Trump.”
* The production of an eight-page “Trump Tabloid” designed to look like the New York Post. The paper–“ideal for dumping oppo” research on the developer–would include a Trump-penned advice column entitled “How to Talk to Women.”
* Volunteers dressed as limousine drivers would go to the airport and meet arriving RNC members with “signs with messaging about Trump.”
* The distribution of a “Go Trump Yourself” kit that includes spray tan, hair dye, a dog whistle, and “Tiny foam fingers/hand clappers.”
* Attendees at a media lunch would be served food “from countries Trump has offended.” The menu would offer tacos and hummus and pita.
* A Trump “Successful Businessman Starter Kit” would include a $40 million check from “your Dad” and a diploma from Trump University.
* Producing milk cartons with the photos of the many GOP leaders who are skipping the convention.
Sounds like a blast.
It really is amazing the thinks you can do when you’re not employed and have all the time in the world.