James Mattis is everything liberals hate: a man who isn’t emasculated.
As a general in Iraq, he gave the troops there wise words to live by: “Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” That’s but one of many of his memorable quotes, and liberals are going to be TERRIFIED when they read the rest!
Here are eight more, courtesy of the Conservative Review:
- “The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some assholes in the world that just need to be shot.”
(Speech to Marines at al Asad)
- “I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f–k with me, I’ll kill you all.”
(To Iraqi military leaders shortly after second Iraq War’s beginning)
- “Marines don’t know how to spell the word defeat.”
(A favorite slogan of Mattis’)
- “The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.
(A favorite intellectual thought of his)
- “Engage your brain before you engage your weapon.
(Advice to all Marines)
- “No war is over until the enemy says it’s over. We may think it over, we may declare it over, but in fact, the enemy gets a vote.
(One of the more controversial thoughts by Mattis)
- “I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years.
(A word of advice to enemies)
- “You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn’t wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain’t got no manhood left anyway. So it’s a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them. Actually it’s quite fun to fight them, you know. It’s a hell of a hoot. It’s fun to shoot some people. I’ll be right up there with you. I like brawling.”
(In a 2005 panel discussion about fighting the Taliban)
It’s about time a MAN is in charge! With Barack Obama in the White House, that clearly hasn’t been the case for the past eight years…