London Police have arrested an 18-year-old man trying to flee to France in the departure lounge at the port of Dover on Saturday morning in what they said was a “very significant” step in the hunt for whoever planted a bomb on a London commuter train that injured 30 people a day earlier.
Just a few hours later, police proceeded to raid a home in a commuter town south-west of London and evacuated all nearby premises as a precaution. Police officers in forensic and anti-bomb suits were seen entering a modest house in a suburban street in Sunbury, which is located about 11 miles from Parsons Green where the bomb exploded yesterday.
But what is more interesting about the arrest is that the man, whose name has yet to be released, was a foster child from London. It is currently known that he was originally an orphaned refugee brought into Great Britain.
Via Daily Mail:
The suspected Parsons Green bomber was a ‘problematic foster child’ who was allegedly arrested two weeks ago near to where the attack took place before being freed.
Police are searching a house in Sunbury-on-Thames, Surrey, after the 18-year-old was detained in the ‘port area’ of Dover earlier today while apparently attempting to leave the country.
The home raided by police in connection with the attack, which injured 30, is owned by a couple who were both appointed MBEs for fostering hundreds of children.
Penelope Jones, 71, and her husband Ronald, 88, have raised 268 foster children in the house over three decades and the last eight have been refugees.
Officers stormed the house on Cavendish Road at 2pm around six hours after apprehending the suspect in the departure lounge of the Port of Dover.
Mrs Jones is the governor of a local school and became a foster mother after working in a juvenile prison and was always supported by her husband.
The couple featured in an interview with Elmbridge CAN, a community group which aims ‘to build a culture of welcome to refugees’ and help settle them in the local community.
The organisation states that Mr and Mrs Jones have been foster parents for almost 40 years and had taken in 268 children – the last eight of which were refugees. It is not clear when the interview was published.
In the interview Mrs Jones said fostering ‘had its ups and downs’, adding: ‘They’re all children, it doesn’t matter if they’re sky blue or with pink dots on them – they just need to be loved.’
Alison Griffiths, a Surrey county councillor who knows Mr and Mrs Jones, said they had two young people staying with them – an 18-year-old and a 22-year-old.
And Fortune Reports:
British Police Arrest Man in Hunt for London Bombers
(LONDON) – British police are keeping an open mind on whether more than one person was responsible for a London train bombing that injured 30 people, after they arrested an 18-year-old man earlier on Saturday.
“We are still pursuing numerous lines of enquiry, and at great pace,” Senior National Co-ordinator for Counter Terrorism Policing Neil Basu told reporters.
“Our priorities are … to identify and locate any other potential suspects.”
British police arrested an 18-year-old man in the port of Dover and raided a house in a small town outside London on Saturday as they hunted for whoever planted a bomb on a commuter train that injured 30 people a day earlier.
Prime Minister Theresa May put Britain on the highest security level of “critical” late on Friday, meaning another attack may be imminent, and deployed soldiers and armed police to strategic locations such as nuclear plants and defence sites.
In what authorities called a “very significant” development, officers arrested a man at about 7.50 a.m. (0650 GMT) in Dover, from where passenger ferries sail to France. Five hours later they raided a property in Sunbury, a commuter town southwest of London, and evacuated nearby premises as a precaution.
Reuters photographs showed police cordons in a modest suburban street in Sunbury, in the county of Surrey, around 11 miles (18 km) from Parsons Green where the bomb exploded.
“This is a very significant arrest. The police have made very good progress but the operation is ongoing,” said interior minister Amber Rudd, adding that the threat level remained at “critical”.
“There is no doubt that this was a serious IED (improvised explosive device) and it was good fortune that it did so little damage.”
In what was the fifth major terrorism attack in Britain this year, the home-made bomb shot flames through a packed commuter train during the Friday morning rush hour in west London but apparently failed to detonate fully.
The militant group Islamic State claimed responsibility.
According to media reports, the bomb was attached to a timer, unlike other recent blasts which have typically been suicide bombs.
Pictures showed a slightly charred white plastic bucket with wires coming out of the top in a supermarket shopping bag on the floor of a train carriage.
The Parsons Green station where the attack took place reopened by Saturday morning.
Armed police patrolled the streets of London near government departments in Westminster and were guarding Premier League soccer grounds hosting matches on Saturday, including the national stadium at Wembley.
Cressida Dick, Britain’s top police officer, sought to reassure the public as she joined colleagues patrolling the entertainment district on the south bank of the Thames.
“Yesterday we saw a cowardly and indiscriminate attack which could have resulted in many lives being lost,” she said. “London has not stopped after other terrible attacks and it will not stop after this one.”
CRITICAL THREAT LEVEL
The last time Britain was put on “critical” alert was after a suicide bomber killed 22 people at a concert by the American singer Ariana Grande in Manchester in May.
The threat level remained at the highest setting for four days while police raced to establish if the man had worked alone or with the help of others. Prior to that it had not been triggered since 2007.
Prime Minister May said the public should not be alarmed by armed officers on the streets, a rare sight in Britain. “This is a proportionate and sensible step which will provide extra reassurance and protection while the investigation progresses,” she said in a televised statement late on Friday.
The bomb struck as passengers were travelling to the centre of the British capital. Some suffered burns and others were injured in a stampede to escape from the station, one of the above-ground stops on the Underground network. Health officials said none was thought to be in a serious condition.
“I was on the second carriage from the back. I just heard a kind of ‘whoosh’. I looked up and saw the whole carriage engulfed in flames making its way towards me,” Ola Fayankinnu told Reuters.
“There were phones, hats, bags all over the place and when I looked back I saw a bag with flames.”
Islamic State has claimed other attacks in Britain this year, including two in London and the Manchester pop concert.Western intelligence officials have questioned similar claims in the past, saying that while Islamic State’s jihadist ideology may have inspired some attackers, there is scant evidence that it has orchestrated attacks.
Although not much else is known about the man at this point we can probably fill in the blanks.
The man was probably a refugee from the Middle East who was brought into Great Britain under the guise of tolerance, diversity, and globalism. After entering it was confirmed that he was fostered by a loving couple and a great family who have taken in over 250 children in need during their lifetime.
He was given a much better life than what he would have had in the war-torn cesspool that he came from. But once he hit adulthood his DNA kicked in and he hooked up with his “friends” in ISIS. So he thanked England and the English people by trying to kill hundreds of them in the worst possible way, with a bomb. Yup, let’s bring in more refugees, they are so peaceful, loveable and will assimilate in no time, even the children!
Please share if you agree these refugee programs need to stop!
FOLLOW us on Facebook at Freedom Daily!