There seems to be some confusion as to what the purpose of the United States military is. They do not here to pat you on the back and make you feel good about yourself, they’re not here to validate your life choices. They’re here to protect our nation against its enemies, both foreign and domestic. Anything and everything that gets in the way of that mission can (and apparently will) be thrown aside as dead weight in the interest of keeping America safe.
The liberals and those lacking in self-confidence seem to think that the military should take time out of its busy day to make sure that they feel good about their personal identity confusion. These groups, backed by the Obama administration, put some extremely dangerous impediments on the military. Defense Secretary Mattis with President Trump’s backing plans to take those hindrances away, and the liberals are furious.
The great Obama administration victory that is causing havoc among those serving in our military was when he let transgender individuals enter the military, and integrated them into the general force. This was not only problematic in the obvious ways but since they’re in now, our soldier’s sailors and airmen have been being forced to take “tolerance workshops” in the interest of getting them familiar with the new way of life, keeping the gender confused from being triggered. This didn’t work for Mad Dog Mattis.
Via Daily Mail:
Defense Secretary Mattis delays letting transgender people into the armed services by six months to evaluate how the policy change will impact the military’s ‘readiness’ and ‘lethality’
Defense Secretary Jim Mattis approved a six-month delay in allowing transgender recruits to join the US armed forces to make sure the change in policy will not affect the ‘readiness’ or ‘lethality’ of the military.
Pentagon spokeswoman Dana White said in a statement on Friday that Mattis accepted a recommendation to defer transgender applicants until January 1.
In a memo obtained by the Associated Press, Mattis wrote: ‘After consulting with the service chiefs and secretaries, I have determined that it is necessary to defer the start of accessions for six months.
‘We will use this additional time to evaluate more carefully the impact of such accessions on readiness and lethality.’
Last week military service leaders rejected Army and Air Force requests for a two-year wait, AP reported.
According to the outlet, Mattis’ memo is in agreement with their plan which showed their concern that a longer delay would cause criticism.
The Pentagon ended its ban on openly transgender people serving in the US military in 2016 under the Barack Obama administration, so many transgender people who had already been serving in the military were able to be openly transgender.
However, new recruits were not allowed to enlist.
The Pentagon was expected to start allowing new transgender recruits to begin enlisting this year, provided they had been ‘stable’ in their preferred gender for 18 months.
The prospect of a delay under President Donald Trump’s administration alarmed transgender advocates.
‘There are thousands of transgender service members openly and proudly serving our nation today… what matters is the ability to get the job done – not their gender identity,’ said Stephen Peters of the Human Rights Campaign.
Last year, then-Defense Secretary Ash Carter cited a study by the RAND Corporation saying there were about 2,500 transgender active-duty service members and 1,500 reserve transgender service members.
Rand’s figures were within a range, which at the upper end reached 7,000 active duty forces and 4,000 reserves.
The delay will not affect transgender troops who are already serving in the military openly.”
The delay is a great thing for those who’s lives and service are in danger of being turned upside down by the presence of the gender confused, as well as the special measures that must be taken to accommodate them. The liberals are of course low key freaking out that this ban might be for more than six months.
Via The Washington Post:
“The decision was made on the eve of a deadline set a year ago by then-Defense Secretary Ash Carter. The services can now delay processing transgender recruits until Jan. 1, following another review of accession plans and providing information about how doing so will affect the military and its lethality, Mattis said in a memo. Details about that review must be provided back to Mattis by Dec. 1.
The defense secretary said in the memo that the delay ‘in no way presupposes an outcome,’ but after consulting with top generals and other senior defense officials, he determined more time is needed before making a decision. He is confident, he said, that the Defense Department will continue to treat all service members with dignity and respect.”
Considering that General Mattis has spent over three decades in the military, it stands to reason that he would know a little bit more than any of us about what’s best for the military. Which is kind of why he got put in charge of all things military.
Maybe the ban will be permanent, maybe it will just be putting off the inevitable for another six months, but we owe many thanks to Mad Dog Mattis for fighting the good fight in more ways than one.
FOLLOW us on Facebook at Freedom Daily!