From Mad World: It’s no secret that former Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl deserted his brothers in arms before he was abducted while in Afghanistan, which is why so many people were outraged when Barack Obama brokered a deal with the terrorists who kidnapped him to get him back, and one Marine’s epic sign summarizes exactly how everyone felt.
As Mad World News previously reported, after months of stalling from the Obama administration, the Army has brought formal charges against Bergdahl for leaving his post, exonerating everyone who became outraged that Obama traded five high-level terrorists being held in the infamous GTMO detention center. While some praised Obama for the decision, saying that nobody ever gets left behind in war, many were upset that the years-long precedent of not negotiating with terrorists was broken, and it was done so for someone who many didn’t think was worth the effort after he put himself in the predicament to begin with.
A Marine, who feels the same way many of us do about the swap, decided he would make a sign and stand in protest at the decision, and it’s a perfect summary of the sentiments people around the nation have.
“My Marine brothers, 5 killers, were traded for 1 deserter,” it reads.
For those unaware, six soldiers died in the hunt for Bergdahl after he went missing in Afghanistan and was later transported to Pakistan. According to TIME:
- Staff Sergeant Clayton Bowen, 29, and Private 1st Class Morris Walker, 23, were killed by a roadside bomb in Paktika province on August 18, 2009.
- Staff Sergeant Kurt Curtiss, 27, died August 26 in Paktika Province, Afghanistan after sustaining wounds in a gunfight.
- 2nd Lieutenant Darryn Andrews, 34, died September 4 in Paktika Province from injuries sustained after an IED attack.
- Staff Sergeant Michael Murphrey, 25, died two days later in the same region from an IED attack.
- On September 4, 2009, Private 1st Class Matthew Martinek, 20, was seriously wounded in Paktika province when Taliban forces attacked his vehicle with RPGs and died a week later in the hospital.
So while Obama thinks he made a good choice in freeing Bergdahl, the truth is that he went to great lengths to “save” someone who turned their back on our country, and good men were killed after he did so. There’s a reason people are outraged, and it’s because we were insulted by our president, yet again, and this type of deliberate malfeasance seems to be rampant in the current administration as evidenced by its record of horrible decisions.
he sad reality is that while the incompetence from Obama and his minions is obvious, nothing will be done to either contain or punish it, which means we as a country suffer as do those directly affected by his horrible choices, like the families of the six dead soldiers listed above. As I continue to say, 2016 can’t come soon enough.