A retired U.S. Marine who stood guard at Canada’s National War Memorial last week to honor fallen Cpl. Nathan Cirillo says he has been receiving threatening phone calls ever since.

Maj. Fox Sinke, a dual Canadian-American citizen, donned his Marine uniform and sword and went to the memorial to stand guard Friday after Cpl. Cirillo was shot and killed there Oct. 22, the Marine Corps Times reported.

“The murder of the young Cpl. Cirillo was so despicable and craven that I just couldn’t find it within myself to do nothing,” he said.

Maj. Sinke said he received at least two phone calls on Tuesday from Arabic speakers who screamed at him and hung up.

“The only words I recognized were ‘kill you,’ because I’ve heard them before,” he told the Times.

Maj. Sinke, a decorated veteran who received five Purple Hearts, said he told police about the phone calls.

“If they’re looking for a fight, they came to the right guy,” he said of the callers. “I promise you this: If they come here, they’ll die here.”

A senior police officer was apparently annoyed that the Marine was there all by himself, Maj. Sinke told the Times.

“He says, ‘God man, you got more balls than brains don’t you?’” he said. “So I said, ‘Well actually, sir, I was kind of hoping that one of those scum-of-the-earth radicals would show up and take me on because, to tell you the truth, I have always dreamed of being able to confront an evil-doer and run him through with this damn sword.’ So he kind of liked that, you know.”

 

Courtesy of Washington Times

We deliver meaningful conservative American news that is not your normal agenda based Beltway bull.