Excerpted from The Daily Mail: A Saudi prince has promised to give a free Bentley to every pilot involved in the Yemen air strikes, as bombing raids in the country appeared to resume despite a pledge that they would stop.
Saudi Arabian forces launched air strikes on Yemen a month ago to stop advances from the Shiite Houthi rebels, who are allied with Iran and previously overthrew the Saudi-backed government.
Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal, the Saudi King Abdullah’s nephew, has reportedly promised to give each of the 100 fighter pilots involved in the month long raids in Riyadh, the Saudi Arabian capital, a free Bentley.
Prince Talal, who owns $300 million stake in Twitter, apparently made the pledge on social media but the post has since been deleted, the International Business Times reported.
He wrote: ‘To recognise the one hundred participating Saudi pilots I am pleased to present them with 100 Bentley cars,’
On Tuesday the Saudis said the bombing raids, which have killed at least 944 people and wounded around 3,480, had been successful and they were to focus on finding a political solution instead.
But the raids appeared to have resumed by Wednesday, with fighting taking place in Taez.
Dozens more people are said to have been wounded or killed.
Bin Talal, 60, is the grandson of Saudi Arabia’s founder Ibn Saud and one of the richest men ion the world. Keep reading