From The Conservative Post: While some say that this possibility just doesn’t hold water, Texas Governor Greg Abbott is not taking any chances.
He is asking that the Texas State Guard monitor odd federal military exercises dubbed “Jade Helm 15″. This gives further insight on why there have been odd situations happening at closed Walmart stores in Texas (see CP articles here, here and here).
There are serious questions on whether the government intends on cracking down on gun freedoms or implementation of martial law. These are what more than 200 residents asked a US Army commander in rural Bastrop county without any real answers.
These situations have also put conspiracy theorists and “fear mongers” into overdrive. Yet, the federal government’s silence of such activity has caused serious questions by even the highest levels of the Texas State Government.
According to TalkingPointsMemo.com:
Suspicions about Jade Helm intensified on some conservative websites and social media after a map labeled Texas, Utah and parts of California as “hostile” for the purposes of the three-month training exercise that begins in July. Such war simulations aren’t unusual, though the Army has acknowledged that the size and scope of Jade Helm makes it unique.
What we do know:
– Over 1,200 soldiers and four branches of the military are involved according to U.S. Army Lt. Col. Mark Lastoria.
– Texas Republican Gov. Greg Abbott on Tuesday asked the State Guard to monitor a U.S. military training exercise dubbed “Jade Helm 15″.
– Texas, Utah and parts of California are labelled “hostile” for the purposes of the three-month training exercise that begins in July.
– No other governor had so publicly addressed the training exercise as Texas’ Gov. Abbott.
– Such war simulations aren’t unusual, though the Army has acknowledged that the size and scope of Jade Helm makes it unique.
– Biggest questions come from Bastrop County. Bastrop County is home to Camp Swift, the largest base for the Texas National Guard.
– Jade Helm is a well-designed and a well-constructed training operation