Gun owners are happy and liberals are swimming in tears. Meanwhile, none of this matters to a criminal because they don’t follow laws anyway – something people with flawed brains always forget.
Here’s some points about the Second Amendment that are quoted directly from President elect Donald Trump’s website and my commentary regarding such points. My reaction to each point below can be found in italics.
View Mr. Trump’s position, here.
- Defend the Second Amendment of our Constitution. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed upon. Period.
Agreed. There are 300 million guns in America and many of them are legally owned. Considering the high number of guns owned by law abiding citizens who do NOT commit crimes – why would we punish people who do no wrong?
- Nominate United States Supreme Court justices that will abide by the rule of law and the Constitution of the United States that includes upholding the Second Amendment.
- Enforce the laws on the books. We need to get serious about prosecuting violent criminals.
Don’t pardon or lessen sentences of violent offenders. It’s different if someone is shot in self defense, because they’re not the one starting the problem. Usually…case by case scenario, of course. On the contrary, getting serious about prosecuting violent criminals won’t really prevent any crimes from happening, because as we mentioned earlier – criminals don’t follow laws and they sure don’t care about the sentencing.
- Expand and bring back programs like Project Exile and get gang members and drug dealers off the street. When we do, crime will go down and our cities and communities will be safer places to live.
Makes sense, let’s see what happens.
- Empower law-abiding gun owners to defend themselves. Law enforcement does a tremendous job, but they can’t be everywhere all of the time.
Absolutely! Americans should be allowed to protect themselves at home, on the road, or even in the grocery store. It’s not the wild west anymore, but if the Government took guns away from citizens, then the innocent people would be the biggest victims because they would follow the law. You know darn well this wouldn’t be a thing in America because real Americans would put up a fight!
- Fix our broken mental health system. All of the tragic mass murders that occurred in the past several years have something in common – there were red flags that were ignored. We can’t allow that to continue. We must expand treatment programs, and reform the laws to make it easier to take preventive action to save innocent lives. Most people with mental health problems are not violent, but just need help, and these reforms will help everyone.
People always forget that mental health is a real issue. There’s people who are sick in the head and there’s people who are just A-Holes. We need a good way to identify and treat both.
- Defend the rights of law-abiding gun owners:
- Military bases and recruiting centers – to have a strong military, we need to allow them to defend themselves
- National right to carry – should be legal in all 50 states
- Background checks – we need to fix the system we have and make it work as intended. What we don’t need to do is expand a broken system.
- Gun and magazine bans – the government has no business dictating what types of firearms good, honest people are allowed to own
If I want to own an AK-47, then so be it. Do I need it? Nah, but what if I’m a gun collector who has not ever once committed a crime in my life. Should I be banned from having something that I think is really cool? I know the penalty for using it in a crime could be a life sentence, so there’s a 99.9% chance I wouldn’t commit a crime with it. I don’t need it, but if I really wanted one, then who is to say I can’t have it? Many people would obtain one illegally just to shoot it at a gun range or into the side of a mountain. Some people like video games. Some people collect baseball cards. Some people like guns. Who are we to judge?
The background checks should just be tweaked to include people with a mental illness and keep them from obtaining a firearm legally. We can’t do anything if they grab a gun illegally. Nothing can stop that. Only thing we can do to prevent that is give the person real mental help and support.
Liberals will read this, print it out, and wipe their tears with it.
Might wipe their ass too, but what do I care?
If they made it down this far and still disagree with me, then they are the problem.
FOLLOW us on Facebook at Freedom Daily!