Two Montreal Muslim teens planned to set off bombs in the Montreal area

teen-suspects-terror-mtl


From Pam Gellar: In the West we are under siege. Law enforcement officials are doing an admirable job uncovering and stopping these plots, but how long will their luck hold, as Muslim groups are doing everything they can to end effective counter-terror measures? They stopped an effective program in New York City and are working to create the impression that most of the Muslims who were caught were entrapped. Nonsense. There is nothing that would persuade any loyal citizen to go jihad.

“2 Montreal teens charged over suspected terrorist activities,” Global News, April 20, 2015:

MONTREAL — Two Montreal teens arrested last week over concerns they were about to commit a terrorist act now face serious charges.

The two 18-year-olds appeared in court on Monday; each face four terrorism-related charges: attempting to leave canada to participate in activity of a terrorist group; facilitating terrorist activity; commission of an offence for a terrorist group; and using explosives.

The suspects, Sabrine Djaermane and El Mahdi Jamali, will remain behind bars until their bail hearing.

Quebec’s Crown prosecutor told Global News the pair were suspected of planning to set off explosives “in the Montreal area.”

According to a statement released by the RCMP, “the charges result from a short police investigation launched after information was received from the community.

“The investigation showed that Sabrine Djermane and El Mahdi Jamali were planning to leave the country to commit a terrorist act abroad.”

Police also confirmed that the investigation was ongoing, as investigators try to determine whether there are any further “individuals associated to the accused who could have conspired with them.”

Prosecutor Lyn Decarie said the case is expected to return to court next Friday to fix a date for the bail hearing.

Djaremane has pleaded not guilty to all charges, while Jamali has not yet entered his plea.

In a statement, the Federal Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, Steven Blaney, said that the government was determined to confront terrorism threats in canada and he commended the RCMP for its vigilance.

“Together our efforts will serve to protect Canadians from terrorists who wish to cause harm and threaten our freedom.

“That is why we introduced the Anti-Terrorism Act, 2015 to give our law enforcement and national security agencies the tools they need to better protect Canadians against these ever-evolving threats of jihadi terrorists.”

The teens were students at Montreal’s Collège de Maisonneuve, where, in late February, several other students from the college were believed to have joined militants in Syria.

The father of 18-year-old Bilel Zouaidia, one of the six teenagers who left canada in February, said his son took Arabic and religious courses through Adil Charkaoui’s École Les Compagnons.

The classes were held at Montreal’s Collège de Maisonneuve, where three of the other teens were also enrolled.

After first cancelling Charkaoui’s rental agreement to stop his classes from being offered on its campus, the Collège de Maisonneuve then retracted, saying it had no legal grounds to cancel its contract, as nothing inappropriate was found in the courses offered….

 

We deliver meaningful conservative American news that is not your normal agenda based Beltway bull.